Maxamation Pty Limited, as at February 5, 2021
Our Privacy Principles
We have adopted internal policies and procedures to ensure that personal information that we collect, store, use and disclose is dealt with in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). You can see the full text of the APPs online at www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/.
Information we collect
In order to provide our customers with our products and services, we may collect and use personal information about them. If we are not provided with all the personal information we request:
- we may not be able to supply our products and services to you; and
- you or your organisation may not be able to participate in future offers of goods or services which we supply.
The type of information we collect includes names, addresses, age, date of birth, email addresses, and other contact details. We may also collect details of directors, officers and senior management staff of a customer, the names of employees, records of your communications and interactions with us and details of your behaviour relating to transactions, products, services and activity with our digital services and other personal information about you.
We do not normally collect or store ‘sensitive information’, as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (eg information about ethnic origin, religious beliefs or health). However, where we are required to and able to do so, we will ask for your consent before collecting your sensitive information and let you know the purpose at the same time.
How we collect personal information
Generally, we collect your personal information from you. For example, we may collect information from you in person, by telephone, online or in writing, including if you make an enquiry online through our website.
However, we may also collect personal information about you from someone other than you – for example from any other organisation with which you have had dealings or from publicly maintained records, from publicly available sources, information service providers or anyone authorised to act on your behalf, or from our agents, employees, subcontractors, suppliers and services providers.
To help us protect your privacy, you should maintain the secrecy of the access credentials (i.e. user name and password) you use to access and use our services.
How we store personal information
We take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold about you and to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. Any personal information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Access to personal information is limited to our employees who specifically need it to carry out their business responsibilities. We also maintain physical security procedures to manage and protect the use and storage of records containing personal information.
Purpose of collection
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information so we can:
- meet our legal obligations;
- identify our customers, potential customers and their representatives;
- provide our products and services or other benefits to you, including fulfilling an order;
- communicate with you and to answer any query from you;
- inform you of any initiatives we think may be of interest to you;
- inform you about our products and services and the benefits of using our products and services;
- provide you with information about offers or other benefits that may become available;
- consider applications for employment;
- seek your opinion or comments about our products and services;
- carry out billing and debt recovery activities;
- carry out our management, administrative, quality assurance and complaint handling activities in a professional and efficient manner;
- develop and implement initiatives to improve our products and services;
- register security interests on the Personal Property Securities Register;
- manage your account and fulfil our obligations to you or your organisation;
- enforce our rights when you are in breach and recover monies owing to us from time to time;
and for other secondary purposes.
Collection required by law
Collection of some personal information about you may also be required or authorised by or under an Australian law. These laws include:
- the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth), which requires us to collect personal information about you when verifying your identity;
- the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth), which requires us to make inquiries about you when assessing an application for credit by you; and
- the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth), under which we may need to collect personal information about you to record a security interest on the Personal Property Securities Register.
We usually disclose the personal information we collect to our related entities, service providers and contractors that help us supply our products and services. For example, we may disclose the personal information we collect to our information technology providers, providers of marketing and promotional services, professional advisers such as legal practitioners and accountants, debt collectors and insurers.
Except as indicated above, we will not disclose your personal information to a third party unless:
- you have consented to the disclosure;
- the third party is our service provider or contractor, in which case we will require them to use and disclose the personal information only for the purpose for which it was provided to them;
- the third party is a person involved in a dealing or proposed dealing (including a sale) of all or part of our assets and business;
- debt collectors and assignees of your debts;
- a recognised external dispute resolution scheme of which we are a member;
- our professional advisors, including our lawyers, auditors and accountants;
- the disclosure is to a related entity; or
- the disclosure is permitted, required or authorised by or under law.
We may use personal information to advise you of new products and services, and marketing initiatives that we think may be of interest to you. This may include product or service offerings, newsletters and general information about us.
If you prefer not to receive information about our products and services, you can ask to be removed from the relevant circulation list by contacting our Privacy Officer at the email address listed below.
We never disclose personal information to a third party for the purpose of allowing them to direct market their products or services to you, unless you have expressly consented to that disclosure.
If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to request access to that information by contacting Privacy Officer at the email address listed below. However, we may deny your request for access where:
- the access impacts on the privacy of others;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- there are existing or anticipated legal proceedings; or
- the access can be denied under law or by a law enforcement agency.
If we deny your request for access, we will let you know why. We may also charge a fee to cover the reasonable costs we incur in processing your request.
Quality and correction
We always try to make sure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If at any time you believe the personal information that we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate, please let us know. We will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
Website analytics and cookies
To ensure we are meeting the needs and wants of our website users, and to develop our online services, we use a range of tools provided by third parties, including Google Analytics, which collect website traffic and usage information. The providers of these tools have their own privacy policies. Details about how Google uses information about your use of our website can be found here. If you would like to prevent information about your use of our website being used by Google, you can download a browser add-on from Google here.
Cookies are unique identification numbers like tags that are placed on the browser of our website users. These cookies are used to retain login and location information in order to make your experience more convenient and personal. The kind of information we may collect includes:
- the date and time you access our website;
- your internet service provider, mobile carrier, or data services provider;
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- location information or Global Positioning System (GPS) information sent to us by your GPS-enabled device;
- the pages you visit;
- the links you click;
- the features you use;
- how and when you interact with the services;
- the content, images and advertisements you select; and
- how you arrived at the products and where you go when you leave.
We may use the information collected by these cookies to:
- help identify you as you access and move around our website;
- identify items in your shopping basket;
- keep track of your current order; and
- provide site usage information which, together with purchasing information, will help us improve and develop the products and services we offer.
Changes to this policy
As our business evolves, our business processes and policies will be reviewed and may be amended. We may change this policy at any time. We will notify you of any change by posting an updated version of the policy on our website. Please be aware that it is your responsibility to check our website and make sure you keep up-to-date with any changes to this policy.
We are committed to constantly improving our procedures so that your personal information is treated appropriately. If you feel that we have failed to deal with your personal information in accordance with this policy or the APPs, please contact our Privacy Officer at the email address listed below so we have an opportunity to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
Our privacy officer will:
- listen to your concerns and grievances;
- discuss with you the ways in which we can remedy the situation; and
- put in place an action plan to resolve your complaint and improve our information handling procedures if appropriate.
Disclosure to overseas recipients
If you require more detailed information about how we deal with personal information or if you have any concerns about how we have dealt with your personal information, please let us know by contacting us at:
Maxamation Pty Limited
We will aim to respond to your concerns as quickly as possible.